G´day,
And the special welcome to Emily, Josara, Julia, Cord (perhaps) and Andrew.
I´m already fed up with Germany. Yesterday I have phoned with the Federal Employment Office and the Social Welfare Office regarding my legal duties in order to get myself registered in timely and orderly fashion (like a true German). They told me that -even though- I wouldn´t get money from the employment office I would need to register there in person in order to get a form which states that I won´t get any money from them to be able to get the welfare money. So far so good but my hometown consists of two towns that are approx 5km apart so I repaired my dad´s push bike yesterday and got up early this morning.
First blow was that the fucking alarm clock went off 2,5 hours early so I was up at 4.30am instead of 7am but so what? I enjoyed quite a lot of coffee as my parents have this awesome sophisticated coffee machine and enjoyed the sunrise. Then I went on the bike and pedalled 7km to the other part of town. And then I was -again the true German- 10 minutes early before they even opened. I went in thee and explained that I´m here to get registered and get the form that I won´t get any money from them. But the fuckers told me that they are not responsible for that issue, I would just need to register with the welfare. I explained again that several Federal offices explained that I have to register there but they told me that this is bullshit and I only have to register with the welfare. I pedalled 7 km back and before I had breakfast I have already biked 14kms for freaking nothing!
The welfare office took also some time and in the end they provided me with approx 50 different form to fill out...fucking hell...now I know what to do the next days...
After I realised that I can´t plug my Australian devices into German power plugs I tried to get an adapter Aus-Eur but learned that there are none. In Melbourne you can get Eur-Aus adapters in every shop but Germany seems to be a little different...
The asshole in the shop I was told me smugly that "Usually people buy adaptors before they travel". Up yours, cunt! Eventually I fond the ONLY online shop in Germany that sells Aus-Eur adapters and ordered one...should be here tomorrow.
The next blow was my unsuccessful attempt to change my AUS$ into EURO. I went to 3 banks and they only change foreign currencies if you have an account with them. The pox on the banks!
Ok bitched enough for today...maybe I´ll continue my original blog entry from yesterday this night, maybe not. Have a great day and cya
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment