G´day again,
Well done France! I just read in the news that the French prosecutor general proposed to ban Scientology. I have already published my opinion on religious nutcases in general but the follower of the "Church of Scientology" are amongst my favorites for the title of biggest nutcases of them all.
Well, founder of scientology was the science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard (who´s books are quite badly written even by standards of badly written science fiction) and the secret core believe of Scientology sounds like a plot out of one of his books. Officially you´ll only get initiated into this secret knowledge when you´ve advanced inside the organisation until you are member of the inner circle but it leaked some years ago: the immortal souls of some alien race are floating around on earth and if you did all the programs and courses of Scientolgy (which are fucking expensive, until you reach top level in the organisation you probably have already payed something like half a billion $$) you are ready to become kind of a host for one of them and that will unleash superpowers...yeah, right...
The "normal" religious nutcase whatever his/her craze of choice may be is a nutcase but at least they don´t have to pay money to become a nutcase, maintain their nutcase status or advance in the nutcase hierarchy (apart from some taxes in some countries but that doesn´t count in my book). But paying for that?
I mean how pathetic do you have to be to pay most of your money in order to become a follower of L. Ron Hubbard (who has -according to his biography- invented the principle of sweating in the sauna! Well, some of my finnish friends would beg to differ I guess)? Only the dumbest of the dumb of the nutcase persuation can think that religion only is worth something if you have to pay for it...
Back to the news: in France Alain Rosenberg, the founder of the french arm of Scientology and six of his co-Scientologist are on trial for organised fraud. The prosecutor general called for a total ban of Scientology as the organisation "systematically uses fraudulent means to recruit new members and rip them off". Apart from the total ban, they asked for four years in prison plus 150000 Eur fine.
I love this plain and simple approach and I take my hat off to the french prosecutor general. I wish it will work...Vive la France!
Let me end with a nice dream...why stop at Scientology? Why not charge the pope, the grand mufti, the chief rabbi with "systematically use of fraudulent means to recruit new members and rip them off", I´d applaud...
That´s it for today, honestly now...have fun, take care and cya...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment