Monday, 15 June 2009

Identity of all my followers revealed, dangerous animals and reminiscence of my youth

G´day,

And a very special welcome to my disciples, Hello Emily, Josara, Julia, Cord, Andrew, Scott, Bill, Daniel and Jan. By now you have revealed your identity but I figured you out before and I have already written this part and I refuse to just leave it out only because you have decided to publish your identity beforehand...pffft

At first I did some reasearch on the pseudonym and "Willem Parel" was a persona created in 1955 by the dutch cabaret artist Wim Sonneveld. Willem Parel´s speciality was a program on the hand-organist (haha...in a lewd way) in general and the hand organist´s sexual problems in particular. As this persona is rather unknown outside the Netherlands, so I already had the nationality of the mysterious follower. The rest was just deduction and cunning questioning, I only have two friends in the Netherlands and neither of them was a suspect so it must have been someone from Josara´s end. I knew she had given my blog address to her parents but the comment on my guitar confused me. I have to admit that I couldn´t imagine a "parent" being interested in electric guitars but apparently I am prejudiced. When I spoke about the results of my deduction so far to Josara and explained that I ruled out her parents due to the guitar comment she said and I quote: "Fucking hell, it´s my father." So again, welcome...

Today´s topic will be a little report on the native dangerous fauna of Germany with special attention to poisonous animals. If you compare the fauna in Germany to Australia in terms of danger to humans, Germany is boring, plain and simple. We only have one mildly venemous snake (which is near extinction), serveral very mildly venemous spiders and bees, wasps and hornets. The only way to manage to die from animal poison is to be allergic but actually in that case you die of anaphylactic schock, so that doesn´t count. The only real dangerous animal in the wild are the boars which became quite a nuisance over the last decade. And they attack everything. A friend of mine had to spend some hours up on a tree near the Polish border some years ago as a male boar went after him...

There are also two packs of wolves in the north-east corner of Germany but they are extremly shy and would probably not harm a humans.
This is one of the spiders, European garden spider or cross spider (Araneus diadematus) which populate our backyard (also very mildly venonous, you´ll probably rather die of boredom than of poison if she would bite you).

Due to the climate change we got some mirgrants in Germany and one of them is the Yellow Sac spider (Cheiracanthium punctorium) which came from Italy and lives in Southern Germany now. This one is decently venonous and could be compared to the Whitetail in Australia. Ah, and apparently the Redback spider has made it to Belgium and France but not to Germany yet.

I did some internet research this morning on the animals which cause the most deadly accidents in Germany and the result did surprise me indeed. The animal which causes most of the fatal accidents is Bos primigenius taurus, better known as the common cow. Well apparently the cows only provide assistance as the victims are killed in car crashes. The usual story seems to vary a little from case to case but basically goes like this. A cow or several cows decide to go for a stroll and head for a road, preferably just behind a curve or a hill. A car driver doesn´t expect 500 to 800 kg of cow to just stand on the road and the result is a dead cow, a crashed car and quite often a dead driver...well you live and learn...(obviously not the guys who die in car crashes cause by collision with cows, they neither live nor learn in that case)

Ah today it was the first time since I am back home that I visited an Aldi store and I took some pictures. The stores look exactly alike all over the world and have more or less the same stuff. Ah, Emily, please show this pictures to Lee as she should see how the Aldi stores in the motherland look like...
This store could as well be located in Prahran...
...and the interrior design is the same, too. This could be Franklin Street...Biggest difference, Beer prices, sixpack (6 x 0.33l) Eur 1.69, which would be a little over Aus$ 3.

Later today I took a little walk and I passed a wall which triggered fond meories of my teenage years. This wall is located at the entrance to a very narrow path which went uphill behind an old cementary quite near to my parents house. I used to pass that wall on my way back from the club I spent my weekend nights in and I collected hedgehogs on my way home and released them into my parents garden to keep the vole population down. So one day the guy who owned the house to which the wall belonged painted it bright white. Well, as a teenage punk rocker there is only one way to react to a clean white wall and so I bought a can of black spraypaint and the next time I passed this wall on my way home I did a lovely anarchist´s "A" (you know, the capital letter A in a circle) there. I felt quite the rebell, let me tell you...

Well, two weeks later the wall was white again. So I got my spray can and repainted the "A". This time it lasted for almost two month. Then again white wall...to summarise the next 4 years, I decorated the wall, once around christmas even in gold glitter spray, always the same motive and it got always repainted. Then I moved to Münster for my studies and only did it twice over the next ten years but when I passed the wall today I saw that the spirit of little teenage punk rocker Jan is still living. Not the nice clear classy anarchist´s "A" but well it´s the 21st century now and the graffiti includes a black star in a circle so that´s more or less the same. Unknown teenager, I salute you, even if you might listen to some bullshit rap, keep up the good work!
That´s it for today, take care, have fun and cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment