Friday, 4 September 2009

Done my democratic duty and more Frauke pics...

G´day,

And another special greeting to my followers: Emily, Josara, Julia, Cord, Dan, Andrew, Scott, Bill and Jan. Today I was voting. On the 27th of Sept is the next Federal election and as I´ll be in Australia then, I went to vote today. The ballot paper was a little on the long side, so I had to take two pics to show it all...
The upper part of the ballot paper. For the federal election you have two votes, on the left side you vote directly for the candidates from your district, this vote is only counted in your district. The district votes determine who will become the member of the Bundestag from this district. On the right side you vote for the party which is a Germany-wide vote. The results from the right side establish the composition of the Bundestag. Well it´s a little complicated if you really want to know how the German elections work, klick here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Germany
Ballot paper part 2. There are only five parties who (seriously) have the chance to get more than 5%, CDU (Christion democrats), SPD (social democrats), FDP (liberals), Grüne (The greens), Linke (Sozialists). The other will get something between 0.00000001% and let´s say 2% and any party under 5% is considered not elected. I´m curious what will happen with the Pirate-Party which are new this time. I hate the nazis but I like that we have three Nazi-parties NPD, DVU and Republikaner so the canibalise themselfs which is at east better than if they would unite to get all right wing votes for one party... And please note that the Coldplay-listening vegan nutcases also have a party, Tierschutzpartei but I recon they get less than 0.3%..
I belive in Green...

After I voted I went to Gaby for a coffee and big news...since three days Frauke is walking...
standing...
Sitting and looking sceptical, well Frauke was a little on the lively side today so most pics I took only showed a blur...
Even though I really like all the kids my friends have managed to get and I wouldn´t want to give the impression that I have any favorites...I like Frauke...

Well, that´s it for today...I still have two drafts on which I am working but they are not ready to be published yet...take care, have fun and cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment