Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Tanks and pump action - Nazi neighbor saved by dementia...damn

G´day

And another friendly wave to my congregation, Hi Emily, Josara, Julia, Cord, Dan, Andrew, Scott, Bill and Jan. The question of the day: is it´s o.k. to take action against Nazis if they are already having dementia and have forgotten their past and their views. But let me start at the beginning.

While I am at my parents house I am helping them with all the heavy jobs. Yesterday´s heavy job was the emptying, cleaning and moving of our water tanks and repair of the pump hence part 1 of the headline.

Tank action
more tank action
Down in the hole...
Even though I have no mercy whats-o-ever if it comes to eating animals I have a soft spot for animals, even for anoying frogs and other little creatures so I resued a whole lot of them who fell into the hole at one point or another, I guess around 30 newts, one frog and a toad ad set them free in the pond again...
Newts on their way to start a new(t) life...

Well, when my mum and me were standing next to the fence to the neighbor, my mum asked me if I had seen the eagle statue he has on his house. As I hadn´t noticed it before I asked, why what´s the story and she told me that he is one of this old Nazis who never got over loosing world war 2 so he placed the bronce statue of the eagle facing east...
I went WHAT THE FUCK? Since when do you know? 15 years??? Why didn´t anyone tell me? If only I had known, I could have had so much fun and made his life hell...a million ideas flooded my brain...a million missed chances...but so what? There is still time...hehe...

My favorite plan was to get some spray paint either red and gold or blue and white. Then, in the small hours of the night I´d sneak over and the next morning the eagle would either be red with a golden hammer & sickle on it´s head or it would have a blue head/wings, blue feet and the middle would be white with a star of David...I hadn´t decided yet...

But then it all got wrong and complicated as the old Nazi has dementia and is quite sick.

Fuck, I had an ethical problem. Is it o.k. to fight the polical views of someone with a prank (quite a good one I think) if the person has dementia.

There are some things to put into consideration:

1. Practical: Why play a prank on someone who won´t get it? Well, it would be aimed at him and his views so if he doesn´t get it it´s kind of a wasted effort...well, on the other hand a good prank is a good prank so it might still be o.k. just for the laugh and for the audience who will get it as I seem to be the only one not knowing that he was a Nazi.

2. Ethical: He is a sick old man who doesn´t know who he is and what his view were and he probably has forgotten what he had for breakfast at 9 a.m. Can you punish someone or in other words, can you hold someone responsible for what he did if he has dementia?

Now it get´s interesting as there are several valid points of view.

First the legal one: Let´s pick a more drastical example: a murderer gets caught after 10 years. It´s proven beyond doubt he has done it but he has dementia by now. The penal law in Germany only refers to the point in time the crime has been commited. So the murderer would be guilty of murder, so to speak BUT the penal procedural law demands that an accused has to be fit for a trial. An accused isn´t fit for trial if he isn´t able to defend himself due to pysical or mental unfitness. In that case there is an impediment for the trial, so the accused won´t get sentenced. This solution is quite clever as it enable the state to say "Sorry, I would have sentenced him but unfortunately I can´t." But it´s also philosophically consistent as the punishment acts as expiation of the crime and if the individual can´t be aware of that, well where the sense, philosophically speaking?

Now from the victim´s point of view: a punishment should also work as satisfaction and let´s face it, revenge for the victim or the victim´s family. If some bastard had murdered my woman I´d want him dead or as I´m against the death penalty behind bars for life, regardless if he has dementia or not.

Well and then there is also the karma-based point of view, life has given the murderer the punishment already, so let´s just leave it at that.

In my case I have decided not to re-paint that old Nazi´s eagle but before you think I have gone all soft and forgiving coincidently I watched a TV report tonight on the fucking asshole Nazi movement in Germany right now and those motherfucking brainless idiots don´t have dementia. I can´t express how angry I get when I see the pictures of conservative polititians who don´t even attempt to ban the meetings, of policemen who stand next to the assholes when the show off their Nazi salute (which is a criminal offence in Germany) or Nazi polititians who commit sedition on stage and no-fucking-body bothers. It makes my blood boil. The German conservatives have made the Nazi scene as it is now possible as they never viewed right-wing terror as equally dangerous as left-wing terror. From the eighties on police and Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution only focused on the left-wing and the Nazi scene could breed and spread as the rats they are. In the eighties there was the saying that the Government is blind on it´s right eye and that is still the case. The reason was that the RAF and simmilar were a threat to them and their voters personally whereas the Nazis only killed asylum seekers, foreigners, punks and other non-voters. I can still remember that from when I was 14 onwards I always read the annual report of the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution and every year around 2-10 peole were killed by left-wing terrorists but 100-500 by the fucking Nazi scum.

Sometimes I really think it´s time to stop the peaceful and humanistic approach, get armed and just shoot the bastards. I don´t claim that would be ethical and I can´t contradict that I would lower myself on their level but damn, it would feel good. Standing in the middle of a Nazi-fucker crowd at one of their concerts with a M134 General Electric mini-gun and....well, a man can dream...

That was it for today, have fun, take care and I hope you also have nice dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment