Friday, 24 July 2009

German Summer and relics from the past....

G´day,

And a special welcome to my congregation, Hi Emm, Josara, Julia, Cord, Daniel, Andrew, Scott, Bill and Jan. Today I´ll show you a video of this year´s summer...typical German summer by the way...


Over the last days I have been on our attic and after I found lots of funny stuff from the past in the basement I found lots of even funnier stuff on the attic...
What I really like about being in Germany is that even though the attic is full of spiderwebs (and I mean really covered in them) you don´t have to worry about the spiders here. Love it. I guess in Australia I wouldn´t have entered the attic just like that...
This is my granddad´s old typewriter from 1926...with care, soapy water and lot´s of WD40 I cleaned it and all parts are working again...it´s now available on eBay so if anyone is interested just contact me (international shipping costs: approx. Aus$ 150)

Well, apart from the tywriter I found boxes with old schoolstuff of mine, boxes of letters from my sister (he he he...) and some traces from the time I used the attic to dry certain plants I grew in my parents garden when I was younger.

When I had a look at my old school folders containing old school tests from high school I had a good laugh. Like all kids I voiced my general opinions on life, the universe and everything with big black markers on the folder. My favorite quote from that time: "I don´t know you bt I hate you never the less"....haha I was a little sunshine when I was young...

Ok, that´s all for today, have a great one, take care and cya later

No comments:

Post a Comment