I´m back from my trip to a foreign country where I spent my weekend. And my dear Australian friends, it´s possible to go there by car. When it comes to that...you can go there really fast...
A special welcome to Emily, Josara, Julia, Cord, Daniel, Andrew, Scott, Bill and Jan (who I´e met by now and so he get´s an extra special welcome and a "Thanks for a great weekend").
First of all, thanks to Facebook, I know now that many of my relatives are quite creative, artwise, and I have asked Paul, the son of Bill, if it would be o.k. for me to put a link on my blog to the poems he has published via facebook and it is. When Paul pubished his first two poemson FB I saw the link on my Home page and my first thought was...ah, well another amateur poet...and I ignored it for quite a time. And then curiousity got the better of me and half expecting a good laugh I clicked on the link . I don´t want to influence your point of view too much so I just say I liked them as he wrote words that somehow spoke to me and I just link there
http://www.facebook.com/editapps.php#/notes.php?id=667437469
One of the better sides of Germany is the fact that there is no speedlimit on the Autobahn. In fact there is a speedlimit on most of the Autobahns either by streetsigns or the actual amount of traffic or unfortunate geografical features especially in the curve- and hill-department. But the Autobahn I took was of the cooler persuation...A31 from Ochtrup to Meppen...best Autobahn in Germany. The A31 is a fairly new Autobahn with top notch surface, flat landscape, very straight and the most awesome aspect, nearly no traffic. So I thought, well it´s a sunny summer day, let´s put some great music on and let´s have a drive like all my Australian male friends (and some female...) would go for...
So, forget 100 k/h...by the way, "Thanks mum for letting me borrow your car...I´ll clean it tomorrow..."Ok...now....mmm let´s see...music....Kyuss...nice...which album? Ahh..."...and the Circus leaves the town"...great...sunnies? Check...ok...
That´s more like it...driving is fun...
Cruising speed...every once in a while you overtake another car...very relaxing...but let´s drive fast...
Well, that nice...you have to fokus on driving now, so it looses it´s cruisy aspect but it just fun...extremly low flying...
The combination of music and fast driving is just awesome...at least for a short time, as it´s really not relaxing but still...let´s have one more crack at it...
Driving in Germany IS fun, mates!!!Well, more on the trip at my next entry, have fun, take care and cya...

Don´t drive and take pictures at the same time!!!
ReplyDeleteI thought the speed didn't came up higher than 195 km/our with a BMW.....
ReplyDelete